As the end of 2016 approaches, I’ve been looking back over an amazing year of travel moments.
I’ve done so much this year that I’ve still got loads of trips to blog about! But I did manage to make my parents a photobook gift of our cruise together for Christmas. They loved it; it was great to look at the photos and relive the memories again with them on Christmas day. It really was our best family holiday ever.
In addition to the cruise, I have also been to Paris, visited Portugal twice, Amsterdam a couple of times, Cape Town twice and Barcelona twice. It’s been the year of repeat visits I think!
So without further a due here are 10 of my favourite travel moments of 2016! It really was a tricky list to whittle down:
1. Seeing the amazing Parthenon and soaking up all of the history in Athens. (See more here in my post about the Acropolis)
2. Sailing into Kotor bay at 6am in the morning and taking a private speedboat over to our Lady of the Rocks church.
3. Having some quiet time around the streets of Santorini (read about my morning alone in Oia here)
4. Experiencing my first wine tasting at Boschendal in Cape Town (read about it here)
5. Making the most of my whistlestop tour of Paris
6. Being upgraded to BA Business class on my recent flight to Cape Town
7. Sharing a delicious dinner at La Pepita in Barcelona with my friends in September
8. Enjoying ‘Wine with a View’ at Castelo Sao Jorge overlooking Lisbon with my boyfriend in April (read more here)
9. Basking in the sunshine and swimming in this incredible sea water pool in beautiful Porto (even though it was ice cold!)
10. Enjoying a beer in the glorious summer sun at Waterkant with friends in Amsterdam.
What will 2017 bring I wonder? More of these travel moments and great experiences I hope.